[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers Mobile Code Sprint: help for testing

Xurxo Mendez sonxurxo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 03:07:24 EST 2011

Hi all,

I didn't have too much time for testing, I just tested
http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/mobile-navigation.html.
Results:

*  1. Mobile OS version - browser description*

As the output of your link shows:

HTC Hero with Android 2.1.
Browser Codename: Mozilla
Browser name: Netscape
Browser version: 5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1;es-es;HTC Hero
Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile
Safari/530.17
[...]
User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1;es-es;HTC Hero
Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko)

NOTE: I don't understand why it says AppleWebKit, Safari, etc. but that's
what it displays

The checks are all true but: gesture (gesturestart, gesturechange,
gestureend), HTML5(haschange,undo,redo, storage,popstate)

*  2. Steps to reproduce*

I just dragged and zoomed the map, let's say I played with it for a while.

*  3. Results*

Quite good, but sometimes, when I touched for more than, say, less than half
a second (it was not too much time, I think less than expected), the outer
box surrounding the map got selected so it avoided me to drag the map. The
same sometimes happened when double clicking to zoom in. As well, sometimes
(maybe more than 70%) it got selected but also zoomed in, I think it maybe
shouldn't be selected as I thought that zoom wasn't going to work -as the
selection "imposed". This may be the less satisfactory point of my testing.

*  4. Expected results*

I think that what I said in '3. Results' is everything I noticed, regarding
dragging and zooming, that I think it could maybe be improved. Response was
ok (slower than with mouse, but similar to the response of the native Google
Maps application).

I hope this can help you there! If I have time I'll try to give you more
feedback. Have fun there, great work!

Best regards,

Xurxo Méndez Pérez

http://www.sonxurxo.com