[OpenLayers-Users] Rendering 2 or more Vector Features (WKT) in OpenLayer Canvas e.g. OpenLayers Vector Format Example

Noli Sicad nsicad at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 01:00:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

In this OpenLayers Vector format example,

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/vector-formats.html

I am trying to render 2 or more Vector Features, in the case 3 POINTS
as a result of Spatialite Query.

~~~~~~

POINT(145.052097 -37.834855) POINT(138.599703 -34.967724)
POINT(145.021417 -37.88986)

~~~~~~
I copy and paste this text into the textarea and then I click add
feature button. It is only 1 Feature is added.

1 feature added

Now, the question, What would be the right separation for these 3
POINT WKT Features?

As you can see this function deserialize(below), it is capable of
adding 1 or more vector WKT features.

   var plural = (features.length > 1) ? 's' : '';

~~~~~~~~~~~
function deserialize() {
            var element = document.getElementById('text');

            var type = document.getElementById("formatType").value;
            var features = formats['in'][type].read(element.value);
            var bounds;
            if(features) {
                if(features.constructor != Array) {
                    features = [features];
                }
                for(var i=0; i<features.length; ++i) {
                    if (!bounds) {
                        bounds = features[i].geometry.getBounds();
                    } else {
                        bounds.extend(features[i].geometry.getBounds());

                vectors.addFeatures(features);
                map.zoomToExtent(bounds);
                var plural = (features.length > 1) ? 's' : '';
                element.value = features.length + ' feature' + plural
+ ' added';
            } else {
                element.value = 'Bad input ' + type;

How can I modify this function deserialize() inorder to render 2 or
more points, lines, or polygons (i.e. WKT features)?

And what would the right separation of the data?

Thanks in advance.

Noli