[OpenLayers-Users] getting a pix point from a latlon?

ulao S_K_U_N_X at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 13 09:33:14 EDT 2011

I'm using a getCentroid to get a pix location. Trouble is I want the view
port pix. I was able to take the getCentroid .x and y to latlon but when
going to viewport pix its always -106.2~. So I tried to get just a pix back
and its also  -106.2~. Then I tried to get the pix form the layer instead of
the map and its also  -106.2~.

Example:
var test =  polyMakerPoints[0].geometry.getCentroid()
test = PixelToLatLong(test.x,test.y);
var test1 =__map.getViewPortPxFromLonLat( test );
alert(	"x: "+	test1.x);

I simply need the x,y from the getCentroid  relative to view port, how?