[OpenLayers-Users] Re: WMSGetFeatureInfo + xy mouse coordinates, can this be done?

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 21:59:49 EST 2011

Andrew,

With MapServer, you set a tolerance value for your layer.  You can
combine this with a toleranceunits value to tell MapServer whether a
tolerance value of 10 represents 10 pixels or 10 miles.  (or other
units.  the default is pixels)  I am assuming that you would set a
tolerance value in pixels to match the size of our symbol.

Here is a URL to the docs:  http://mapserver.org/mapfile/layer.html#tolerance

I am sure that you can do this with GeoServer too, I just know MapServer.

David.