[OpenLayers-Users] Hover + Popup FAILURE

shitake83 shitake83 at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 2 04:51:18 EST 2011

Hello Folks,

im having a real hard time here to realise my project.
I have an osm baselayer and I am displaying a vector layer with 16 features
over it.
I want to be able to hover over the feature and get a div update somewhere
and i want a popup to appear when i click on the feature and let it close
obviously :).

So far ive managed to have every functionality on its own, but not working
good together.

i can hover a field and get a hover + div update.
but i cant get a div update on a hover if my hover is supposed to generate a
popup

so i tried changing stuff and this happens

i can hover the field. but it never gets unselected anymore and stays
highlighted if i move out.

when i then click on the feature, either nothing happens or the real popup
comes with no featureData (thats supposed to be loaded)
and after that its impossible to close the popup, except if you click
outside the area that the features are.

i am really disappointed.Ive read this post and have studied the examples
that use the techniques i am trying to use.
I would appreciate it if you could help me.