[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Why WFS Layer is displaying very slowely over Google Map.

Ryan Williams rwilliams at paqinteractive.com
Fri Mar 4 11:01:40 EST 2011

Have you looked at the Geoserver documentation for filtering?
http://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/filter/function.html

I do something similar to what you want to do, retrieve text from a text
box and use that to search for a feature and then draw the feature on
the map. I use WFS GetFeature and the OGC filtering. Sorry, I don't have
a concise code example handy at the moment.
The way I do it, the 'onClick' value of the button the user clicks to
start the search runs a function that puts the variables into the WFS
GetFeature request and filter and then calls OpenLayers.loadURL().

Ryan