[OpenLayers-Users] Custom Build of OL and IE8

Ralph Dell RDell at CatawbaCountyNC.gov
Fri Mar 18 08:01:53 EDT 2011

Include renderer/VML.js

Ralph Dell, GISP

From: openlayers-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org [mailto:openlayers-users-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of har.eck
Sent: Friday, March 18, 2011 7:01 AM
To: users at openlayers.org
Subject: [OpenLayers-Users] Custom Build of OL and IE8

Hi all,

I build my own openlayers.js. It works fine with browser ff, chrome, opera and safari but not with IE8.

I get these messages from IE8:

"Your browser does not support vector rendering. Currently supported renderers are: SVG, VML, Canvas”

Message: 'this.renderer.root' is null or no object

line: 1064 character: 341  code: 0

The line is this:

if(!this.drawn||zoomChanged||!coordSysUnchanged){this.drawn=true;var feature;for(var i=0,len=this.features.length;i<len;i++){this.renderer.locked=(i!==(len-1));feature=this.features[i];this.drawFeature(feature);}}},display:function(display){OpenLayers.Layer.prototype.display.apply(this,arguments);var currentDisplay=this.div.style.display;if(currentDisplay!=this.renderer.root.style.display){this.renderer.root.style.display=currentDisplay;}},addFeatures:function(features,options){if(!(features instanceof Array)){features=[features];}

It is the display method of Vector.js where ‘this.renderer.root’ is null or no object.

But what is missing in my build for the IE8?

The full version of openlayers.js is working with IE8 !

Best regards

Hareck