[OpenLayers-Users] OL+Geoserver+PostGIS

Vikash Talanki vikashtalanki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 13:57:38 EDT 2011

Hi all,

            My task is to store the values in the database(postgreSQL) when
the user inputs the lat-lon values in the form. and after submitting the
form, the map should be displayed with markers at corresponding lat-lon
values stored in DB. I have achieved this task using PHP,ajax & storing
values in a text file. Now I have to do the same task using
Geoserver+PostGis for which I am totally new. I have just installed
Geoserver,postGIS,PostgreSQL in my system. I want your help to how to carry
this task step by step. How to store these values in DB, how to retrieve
them using geoserver.

Thanks in advance