[OpenLayers-Users] Is it possible to have a map without preset resolutions?

PORTER.DANIEL PORTER.DANIEL at flsenate.gov
Wed May 4 15:50:07 EDT 2011

Dear all,

I'm trying to set up map navigation via marquee zoom: draw a rectangle and zoom to that extent.  I've found the control that does this.  The problem that I'm encountering is that when I zoom a reasonably small amount, the map doesn't zoom.  I'm inferring from the docs that this is because OpenLayers picks the closest resolution, and then requests an extent based off of that.  Looking through the docs, I couldn't find a way to bypass the question of resolutions, nor did my Google searching turn up any promising leads.

Does anyone know how to do this in OpenLayers, or know of any examples of people hacking this functionality?

Thanks,
Daniel Porter