[OpenLayers-Users] Labels in the middle of a line

Matthias Meißer digi_c at arcor.de
Sat May 21 12:09:11 EDT 2011

Hi,

I use a vector layer with simple linesegments connecting just 2 points.
Since hours I try to show up a label in the middle of that line but this
doesn't seem to work by the labelAlign option?
I found a old mail that suggest to pick a point of a multiline and let
the label display there. But so I have to do linear interpolation for
every line to get a virtual middle point which consumes a lot of resources.

Is there no easy way, cause I expected this to be a very common task?

BTW. OL is great piece of software, even for HTML noobs as myself :)

bye
Matthias