[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Get Features from a WMS Layer

Ian Turton ijturton at gmail.com
Mon May 23 20:51:31 EDT 2011

On 23 May 2011 20:41, IvanBell <Ivan.Bell at cca.com> wrote:
> I am not sure how that example demonstrates how to query the features for a
> specified layer.  I see that it iterates through the defined/named layers in
> the SLD file; but I don't see a query for the features within a layer.
> Please advise.

 var wfs = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("States", {
        strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
        protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
            url: "http://ian01.geog.psu.edu/geoserver/wfs",
            featureType: "states",
            featureNS: "http://www.openplans.org/topp"
        })
    });
Loads the features from the WFS, you can then do anything you want
with the wfs.features array.

Ian
--
Ian Turton