[OpenLayers-Users] Re: GetFeature Control - WFS MapServer toggle to unselect

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Tue May 24 16:07:58 EDT 2011

I believe I have figured it out. It isn't something I am missing in
OpenLayers (at the client end); the change had to occur in MapServer's MAP
definition (the server end).

By adding a "gml_featureid" pointing to the "OBJECTID" of the layer, each
featureMember returned in the GML response to the GetFeature request is
provided a unique ID and that value is put in the feature.fid in OpenLayers.
Now, the GetFeature control is recognizing the feature in it's existing list
of features and properly "unselecting" the feature.

Sorry for bothering everyone. Then again, maybe these posts will help
someone else ...