[OpenLayers-Users] Vector Layer Rendering

Samuel M. Smith smithsm at samuelsmith.org
Wed May 25 19:05:08 EDT 2011

How does Openlayers render features on a vectory layer? How are they represented internally. From my limited understanding of Javascript,
there are no graphics primitives for drawing arbitrary shapes. HTML5 has a canvas element that allows  such graphics primitives but OpenLayers
doesn't require HTML5 so I am curious how its done?

Also if I want to display a lot of geometry on vector layers will I run into performance problems with the javascript based rendering?

Samuel M. Smith Ph.D.
242 East 600 North, Lindon Utah 84042-1662 USA
801-768-2768 voice
801-768-2769 fax

"The greatest source of failure and unhappiness in the world is
giving up what we want most for what we want at the moment"