[OpenLayers-Users] id of polygon feature created on a vector layer

Puneet Kishor punk.kish at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 16:51:10 EDT 2011

I have code like so

	var sLyr = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("s");
	map.addLayers([sLyr]);

	var polyCtrl = new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(
		sLyr,
	    OpenLayers.Handler.Polygon,
	    {featureAdded: foo}
	);

	function foo(evt){
	    var elem = document.getElementById(evt.feature.geometry.id);

	    // do something with elem
	}

	map.addControl(polyCtrl);
	polyCtrl.activate();

I get an error: "TypeError: 'undefined' is not an object (evaluating 'evt.feature.geometry')"

So, foo() is getting fired alright. What is my error above, and how do I solve it? Essentially, I want to access the id of the polygon just created.

--
Puneet Kishor