[OpenLayers-Users] Re: proxy and apache

Greg Allensworth gregor at greeninfo.org
Thu Nov 3 17:21:06 EDT 2011

On 11/3/2011 2:04 PM, Tondo wrote:
> Hi Greg  thank you. I did as you told:
> so this means... there is an error in that script?

> File "C:/_SOFT/Apache2.2/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi", line 43
> print "Status: 502  Bad Gateway"
> SyntaxError: invalid  syntax

It looks like you're running Windows? You probably need some extra
steps: installing Python, then changing that #! line in the script.

Give this document a reading. It should walk you through setting up your
Apache-on-Windows so that it can run that CGI script.

http://www.imladris.com/Scripts/PythonForWindows.html

For a much shorter and simpler test case, try installing this under
/cgi/bin, maybe name it "test.cgi" and see if you can get it to run with
those directions.

#!/bin/env python
print "Status: 200 OK"
print "Content-type: text/plain"
print "It works!"

If you can get that to print "It works" to your browser, then you should
have CGI and Python working well enough to proceed with proxy.cgi

--
Greg Allensworth, Web GIS Developer
BS  A+  Network+  Security+  Linux+  Server+
PH: 415-979-0343 x302  FX: 415-979-0371    email: gregor at greeninfo.org
Web: www.GreenInfo.org     www.MapsPortal.org

Subscribe to MapLines, our e-newsletter, at www.GreenInfo.org