[OpenLayers-Users] how to secure ogc services at the client side

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Fri Nov 4 08:39:29 EDT 2011

Hi,

usually you do not need to do anything if your client is a web browser. The browser will ask you for credentials using HTTP Basic Auth if you try to access a resource that is configured with restricted access rights in GeoServer. Usual caveat for HTTP Basic Auth applies: only use through HTTPS.

Andreas.

On Nov 4, 2011, at 13:33 , Apostolos Lelentzis wrote:

> Hi list!
>
> I need your valuable help and guidance!
> My topic is related with the security of ogc services at the client side.
> Specifically, i want to create a web map editor in which different users can edit different layers form a WFS server.
> The tools which i chose for my application are postgis, geoserver and open layers.
> I saw that i can set security at the services of geoserver , but how i can create the appropriate interface at the client side with open layers and "transport" the security settings of geoserver??
> Any ideas??
>
> Apostolis

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/