[OpenLayers-Users] Re: proxy and apache

Tondo gpktondo at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 12:59:36 EDT 2011

Hi

Thank you both, but... unfortunately, still without any success.

Greg, I read that document you suggested. I set PATH variable for both
system and user. CMD=>Python works. At this point I've got two virtual
drivers with Win7 32bit Ultimate with bridged connection, because I was told
to test both separate download/install/config and OSGeo4W installer. There
is written in that document, I have to find in registry Python\PythonCore.
Believe me, I tried a lot :( So at least I did some changes in apache conf
file:

1. in /<Directory "C:\_SOFT\OSGeo4W/Apache/htdocs">/ added /Options ExecCGI/

2. in /<IfModule mime_module>/ added /AddHandler cgi-script .cgi/

3. in /<IfModule alias_module>/ changed directory from default to
/ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:\_SOFT\OSGeo4W/apache/cgi-bin/"/ . But if I do
this, when on localhost/test.php I get:
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /cgi-bin/php-cgi.exe/test.php on this
server.

I also tried your .cgi script running in htdocs directory
(localhost/test.cgi) with: 200 OK.

Any Idea what else has to be done?

PHP is damn good idea. I made a primitive script just to make sure PHP is
running fine:

/<?php
phpinfo( );
?>/

When typing localhost/test.php it shows me phpinfo about ver.5.2.5
correctly. Unfortunately when running BMcBride's script, I get this
response:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function curl_init() in
C:\_SOFT\OSGeo4W\apache\htdocs\test.php on line 2

Do you have some other ideas guys? Thank you very much.

T.