[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers, syntax issue.

jns jnsoak at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 14:21:26 EST 2011

Hi,

I apologize if this isn't the correct forum for my sort of question. But I'm
very new to this and I will however give it a try.

This line of code will render the map just as it is supposed to do:

map = new OpenLayers.Map({div: "map", controls: [geolocate], layers:
[layer]});

... but shouldn't the following lines give me the same result?

map = new OpenLayers.Map("map");
map.addControl(geolocate);
map.addLayer(layer);

I thought they were equivalent to the above statement, but apparently not
since no map is rendered. I use jQuery Mobile if it may make any differences

Thanks,
Jonas