[OpenLayers-Users] How to manage huge amount of vector features

S Coetzer geotech.sarel at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 06:04:59 EST 2011

@ Canduc17

I have a postGIS layer with 250000 records and not have the same problem.
I have split the postGIS layer into two "tables" one table pure geometry
and other table attribute data.

I get a specific extent from the user and only display that extent in a
tile, I don't load the entire postgis layer, the user might not be
interested in the entire layer but only a spefiic area, so maybe try and
get a location from the user which the user want to display/see.

My solutions is based on my database structure, your might be different.

Sarel Coetzer | GIS Developer

Malaria Research Programme
Medical Research Council
Tel : 031 203 47 94