[OpenLayers-Users] zIndexing does not work

Jürgen Dankoweit Juergen.Dankoweit at T-Online.de
Thu Oct 13 06:13:25 EDT 2011

Hello,

Am 13.10.2011 10:53, schrieb Andreas Hocevar:
> Oh sorry, you had the zIndexing option set already. The one thing that
> really looks wrong in your code is your z_Index calculation. It looks
> rather static to me.

No, it's not static. There is a loop over about 30 cities. Some of the
cities have actual weather data and others not. The calculation of
z_Index is a result of "data == yes" and "data == no":
var z_Index = (data != null ? 10000 : -10000);
All the data is updated dynamically if the user of this map wants that.

> But now that you use separate layers already, I guess you won't need to
> investigate this further.

But I'm interested why the solution with "zIndex" does not work. Where
is the bug?

Here is the link to the map with current weather information:
http://www.dankoweit.de/cgi-bin/metar_karte.pl?1

Juergen