[OpenLayers-Users] ImageLayer for dynamically generated images

"Stefan Jänicke" stefan.jaenicke at gmx.de
Sat Oct 22 11:41:04 EDT 2011

Hi to all!

I want to use OpenLayers to display, zoom & pan pages of a book. I thought probably the Image Layer would do that job. Unfortunalety, ImageLayer needs the bounds of the corresponding image as input, but I don't know the image size before initialization.
So, can OpenLayers' ImageLayer be utilized for my problem?
If this is not the case, wouldn't it be better to compute bounds and size automatically after the image has been loaded in the client?

Thanks to all in advance,
Stefan.