[OpenLayers-Users] Cursor offset

PORTER.DANIEL PORTER.DANIEL at flsenate.gov
Tue Sep 13 11:53:29 EDT 2011

I'm using a custom cursor for a query tool, using this declaration:

        i_tool = new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(vlayer,
            OpenLayers.Handler.Point,{
                displayClass:'itool',
                title:'i-Tool mode'
            });

When the polygon gets added to the map, it doesn't get added at exactly where I want it, so I want to add in some offset.  In firefox, I use this:
.itoolActive{
cursor: url("img/cursor_measure_tool.cur") 1 3, pointer;
}

And voila, the point gets added where I want it in relation to the cursor.

This doesn't work for IE, though - it defaults to the pointer cursor. I can't see anywhere in the API to provide that sort of offset.

Can anybody steer me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Daniel