AW: [OpenLayers-Users] Problems with setting up a proxy.php

Gabriele Seitz ml-seitz at web.de
Thu Sep 15 07:10:33 EDT 2011

Hi Arnd,

thanks for helping.

http://.../proxy.php?url=http://sub.domain.com/geoserver/wfs?service=wfs&ver
sion=1.1.0&request=GetCapabilities gives me this answer:

<ows:ExceptionReport version="1.0.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ows
http://sub.domain.com/geoserver/schemas/ows/1.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd"><ows:Exception
exceptionCode="MissingParameterValue"
locator="request"><ows:ExceptionText>Could not determine geoserver request
from http request
org.geoserver.platform.AdvancedDispatchFilter$AdvancedDispatchHttpRequest at 429e2de0</ows:ExceptionText></ows:Exception></ows:ExceptionReport>

which I think, is good, because proxy.php is working and URL to geoserver is
basicly ok. But something is missing. Any suggestions?

I worked on the WFS-Definition, but cannot find any mistake, but there must
be one:

var pointlayer =new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS", {
			strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
			styleMap: new OpenLayers.StyleMap(style),
			protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
				version:"1.1.0",
				url:  "http://sub.domain.com/geoserver/wfs",
				featureType: "gis_elemente",
				geometryName: "the_geom",
				featureNS: "http://sub.domain.com/geoserver/MMPbasic",
				schema:
"http://sub.domain.com/geoserver/wfs/DescribeFeatureType?version=1.1.0&typename=MMPbasic:gis_elemente"
			})
		    });

I checked: downloading the features from geoserver Layer preview as wfs to
shapefile is okay. the features look fine in QGIS.

What more do I need to check?

Hope, I gave all necessary information.

Gabriele