[OpenLayers-Users] WFS request fails

Gabriele Seitz ml-seitz at web.de
Fri Sep 30 07:43:09 EDT 2011

Hi,

would anyone help me with this wfs-request please:

OpenLayers.ProxyHost= "http://someURL/proxy.cgi?url=";
-> returns openlayers-website -> seems okay,
-> 'sub.myURL:80' added in allowedHosts of the proxy.cgi (the one from the
FAQ)

var layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("layer",
			"http://sub.myURL:80/geoserver/MMPbasic/wms",
			{
				layers: 'MMPbasic:gis_elemente',
				transparent:true
			}
		);
map.addLayers([layer]);
-> everything okay with getting the WMS

same layer as WFS
var pointlayer =new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS", {
	strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
	protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
		url:  "http://sub.myURL:80/geoserver/wfs",
		featureType: "gis_elemente",
		featureNS: "http://sub.myURL:80/geoserver/MMPbasic",
	})
});
map.addLayers([pointlayer]);
-> firebug network tab shows this URL
http://someURL/proxy.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fsub.myURL%3A80%2Fgeoserver%2Fwfs
with this status "500 Internal Server Error". There ist no POST-tab in the
Request.

When sending the URL ist returns
<ows:ExceptionReport version="1.0.0"
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/ows

http://sub.myURL:80/geoserver/schemas/ows/1.0.0/owsExceptionReport.xsd">
  <ows:Exception exceptionCode="MissingParameterValue" locator="request">
    <ows:ExceptionText>Could not determine geoserver request from http
request

org.geoserver.platform.AdvancedDispatchFilter$AdvancedDispatchHttpRequest at a8a47d9
    </ows:ExceptionText>
  </ows:Exception>
</ows:ExceptionReport>

Whats missing in the request? What do I need to check?

Thanks a lot.

Gabriele