[OpenLayers-Users] Saving User Added Map Points

Zac Spitzer zac.spitzer at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 06:07:23 EDT 2012

you can access the (added in your case) features in a vector layer as features
http://dev.openlayers.org/docs/files/OpenLayers/Layer/Vector-js.html#OpenLayers.Layer.Vector.features

have a look at this example
http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/vector-formats.html

it demonstrates the importing of features from text formats,
to save the features, you will need to export them in a text format,
u want to do the reverse

you can use the format.write() method to get a text version of features
http://dev.openlayers.org/docs/files/OpenLayers/Format-js.html

which then you could use n an ajax call to post the text version back
to the server