[OpenLayers-Users] Printing Vector Layers

Michael Ryan mr at mry4n.net
Mon Apr 23 16:00:13 EDT 2012

I have been able to successfully print the base layer map using tile
stitching, but I still have not beeen able to figure out how to print
vector layers.

I've seen the other posts about it, but none of them were definitive.

My take on it is that it looks like Vector Layers are turned into SVG.
And somehow you'd have to access the SVG and then create an image out
of it. I'm not even at the point where I can worry about how to
properly place the image so that it is aligned properly with the base
layer.

Using MapFish and GeoServer are out. We don't have a dedicated server
and don't have Java servelets.

So, step 1, how do I access the SVG?

And if that's the wrong direction, can someone point me in the right one.

Thanks,

Mike