[OpenLayers-Users] Printing Vector Layers

Michael Ryan mr at mry4n.net
Tue Apr 24 12:32:18 EDT 2012

This sounds like the "hands on" approach.

I'm using PHP to create the image. So, I'm guessing I'll be using the
GD Library in order to draw on the image.

Then the trick will be to translate from the coordinate system from
the map to the image.  Is this a matter of using the lat/lon info of
the Vector features compared to a lat/lon from the map that represents
the origin? Or does OpenLayers provide coordinate properties for the
features that can be used for this purpose?

Also, I get the Vector info from GML files initially. Does that make
any of this simpler?

Thanks,

-m