[OpenLayers-Users] WMS requests not getting into FF and Chrome cache

Filipe filipesilva1 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 21:45:16 EDT 2012

Hey everyone.

Im having a weird behaviour when using OL.

my current setup is OL 2.11 requesting a WMS tiled layer from a different
server then the one running the website. My WMS server is in another server,
and im using Application request Routing on iis to get the tiles.

the tiles do get rendered in OL and show in map. my problem is:
on IE the tiles get stored in browser cache and subsequent requests are
obtained from browser cache.
This is the behaviour i want.

On FF and Chrome, none of the requests are getting into the browser cache,
meaning they all go the the server (and then show on map correctly).
This behaviour i do not want.

Been searching and couldn't find out why this is happening.
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/openlayers-dev/2010-March/005708.html
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/openlayers-dev/2010-March/005708.html
The above link talk about requests in the response.
I use fiddler to Analise them and its all ok (i think)
HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 01:07:31 GMT

also, i dont have any "cache-control" on my pages.

Any thoughts on this?

Regards