[OpenLayers-Users] browserNotSupported error upon testing ofrotated label on feature

Donald Kerr donald.kerr at dkerr.co.uk
Sun Aug 5 04:21:19 PDT 2012

Remi,

On viewing the source, there's the following line:

renderers: ["CustomSVG", "VML"] //VML only for IE <= 8, labels are not
rotated

I have tried your link in IE 8, Chrome and Firefox. IE8 works (you don't get
the message) as it uses VML. There others don't as "CustomSVG", I guess, is
not available to your installation of OpenLayers.

When you open the first link, it says, "Create a CustomSVG.js or modify the
existing SVG.js and add the following lines to the Method drawText".

I use rotated text with SVG and have used this solution successfully by
editing svg.js.

Regards,

Donald