[OpenLayers-Users] Fw: basic zoom control question.

Doug Kunzman dkunzman at usgs.gov
Wed Aug 15 10:17:09 PDT 2012

Hi -

I have a question about maxExtent and zoom levels.  I've searched the
internet and I have a simple question based upon an example.

I've modified the layers in our program setting the wrapDataLine to true
and this has the desired effect.  But using the navigator control and the
user is able to zoom out so that the earth raps about five times around
our div element.  It looks exactly like the example in
http://openstreetmap.na1400.info/basic-zoom.html when first loaded.  Is
there anyway to prevent this?  I've modified maxResolution but it doesn't
appear to have the desired effect.

We are setting maxExtent as follows: maxExtent : new
OpenLayers.Bounds(-20037508.34, -20037508.34,
                                                20037508.34, 20037508.34)
using a Spherical Mercator projection.
thanks,

D Kunzman