[OpenLayers-Users] WFS-T: Delete Feature works, edit or create Feature does not work

Peter Lanz peterlanz at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 02:54:00 PDT 2012

Dear OpenLayer Users!

I tried to set up a WFS-T using the tutorial at http://www.gistutor.com/openlayers/22-advanced-openlayers-tutorials/47-openlayers-wfs-t-using-a-geoserver-hosted-postgis-layer.html. Doing so, I imported the shape files to postgresql (9.1). I work with GeoServer 2.1.4.
Deleting features works well, but adding or editing doesn't! Same with the Openlayers demo "wfs-t.html" with the tassi datasets. When I use shapefiles instead of postgresql all works well!

I would very much appreciate some hints how to solve this. I tried to install and run GeoServer on Jetty, Tomcat6 and Tomcat on top of Apache HTTP but in all 3 cases the same error so maybe something went wrong while importing the shapefiles to the database!?

I get this "Success" message:
WFS-Transaction: Success
<?xml version0"1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<wfs:WFS_TransactionResponse version="1.0.0."
xmlns="http://opengis.net/wfs"
xmlns="http://opengis.net/ogc§
xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wfs http://localhost:8090/geoserver/schemas/wfs/1.0.0/WFS-transaction.xsd">
<wfs:InsertResult>
<ogc:FeatureID fid="new0"/><ogc:FeatureID fid="new1"/><ogc:FeatureID fid="new2"/>
</wfs:InsertResult>
<wfs:TransactionResult>
<wfs:Status>
<wfs:SUCESS/>
</wfs:Status>
</wfs:TransactionResult>
</wfs:WFS_TransactionResponse>
...but after reloading the new features are gone.

Please let me know if any log data would help you to help me!
cheers
pedro

peter lanz
 00491632465592