[OpenLayers-Users] Catching JSON

Smaran Harihar smaran.harihar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 11:35:35 PDT 2012

Hi,

I am returning a JSON to a GeoExt app and this is the code that is
collecting the return,

    var control = new OpenLayers.Control.Click({
                          trigger: function(evt) {
                          var lonLat = evt.xy;
                          if (popup) popup.close();
                          var  request = Ext.Ajax.request({
          url:"http://128.196.142.94:9000/info?lat="+
panel.map.getLonLatFromViewPortPx(lonLat).lat +"&lon=" +
panel.map.getLonLatFromViewPortPx(lonLat).lon,
                          disableCaching: false,
                          success: function(response) {
          var obj = Ext.decode(response.responseText);
          console.log(obj);
          console.dir(obj);
          addToPopup(lonLat, response.responseText);
          },
      failure: function(response) {
          console.log('server-side failure with status code ' +
response.status);
          addToPopup(lonLat, "Server side Failure");
      }
                                 //callback: myhandler
                     });
    }});

I wish to obtain the returned JSON and then assign it to the popUp but
whenever I try to connect to the App it is returning the following error,

    OPTIONS
http://128.196.142.94:9000/info?lat=55.44873046875&lon=-118.17626953125 405
(Method Not Allowed)
    XMLHttpRequest cannot load
http://128.196.142.94:9000/info?lat=55.44873046875&lon=-118.17626953125.
Origin null is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin.
    test.html:222server-side failure with status code 0

If you simply pass the url `
http://128.196.142.94:9000/info?lat=55.44873046875&lon=-118.17626953125`you
will obtain the JSON but for some reason there is failure that keeps
occurring in the application.

Is there CORS that can be used in the OpenLayers or GeoExt. I have tried
using ExtJS JSON-P but I am not sure what should I enter in the 'callback'
of,

<script src="http://domainB.com/users?callback=someCallback"></script>

--
Thanks & Regards