[OpenLayers-Users] Catching JSON

Smaran Harihar smaran.harihar at gmail.com
Mon Aug 20 09:19:34 PDT 2012

Hi Phil,

Thanks again for your guidance. I am bit confused when you said,

have a proxy page INSIDE YOUR APPLICATION - ie
in the same directory as your page or in a subdirectory below it.

Did u mean that I should have my py script to which I making the AJAX
request in the same dir? Then I already have. Only issue is that, the
script is running on port 9000 (
http://128.196.142.94:9000/info?lat=53.33935546875&lon=-121.99951171875).
So the domain is same but the ports are different.

check that the passed URL is reasonable for the application to call

I was able to call py script url (wget "
http://128.196.142.94:9000/info?lat=53.33935546875&lon=-121.99951171875" -o
test.1.log -O test.1), u can run this on terminal and it should fetch you
the JSON.

So, after this, how should I complete the other two parts?

 2/ Open an http connection to the passed page
3/ pipe the page content as output.

Thanks & Regrads,
Smaran