[OpenLayers-Users] Tap-Event on map/WMS Layer

Andreas Schnieders schnieders.a at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 05:05:55 PDT 2012

Hi there,

I'm developing a webapp with a OpenLayers.Map object, a WMS layer and a
KML-vector-layer. I want my app to react on clicks AND taps on the WMS
layer or the map itself.

Clicking and tapping on the KML-Features works perfectly fine in desktop
browsers as well as on Safari on the iPad. I'm using it to display specific
popup-div-overlays. Clicking somewhere in the blue on the map closes/hides
the popup-overlays again.

But on the iPad the simple "tap" event on the map or WMS layer seems not to
be detectable or am I just confused? There should be some way, to detect a
simple tap on a map or WMS layer on touch-devices, shouldn't it?

Any idea appreciated!

Many thanks in advance,
Andreas