[OpenLayers-Users] Trying to create GetFeatureInfo

Smaran Harihar smaran.harihar at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 17:48:23 PDT 2012

Thanks again Phil.

I corrected the evt.xy and still I am not getting any popups. I am not
getting any errors on my Chrome Developer console but on my Firebug, simply

The character encoding of the HTML document was not declared. The document
will render with garbled text in some browser configurations if the
document contains characters from outside the US-ASCII range. The character
encoding of the page must to be declared in the document or in the transfer
protocol.

On clicking the tool and then clicking on my map, gives me nothing. Here is
the link <http://128.196.142.12/geo/test/test_new.html>.

Thanks,
Smaran

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 2:05 PM, Phil Scadden <p.scadden at gns.cri.nz> wrote:

> You are using event.xy which would be undefined, because you are passing
> the event as variable instead evt.
> Setting a breakpoint in firebug and examining variables is good strategy
> for finding these things. You should be living in firebug while doing
> your development.
>
> Notice: This email and any attachments are confidential. If received in
> error please destroy and immediately notify us. Do not copy or disclose the
> contents.

Thanks & Regards
Smaran Harihar