[OpenLayers-Users] editing icons not showing

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Sun Dec 2 19:27:49 PST 2012

>  Iam developing an application using Geoserver 2.2, Openlayers 2.12
> and Postgresql. I have been following the tutorial
> at:http://www.gistutor.com/openlayers/22-advanced-openlayers-tutorials/47-openlayers-wfs-t-using-a-geoserver-hosted-postgis-layer.html.
This is blacklisted on our system as an attack site.
"

*What happened when Google visited this site?*

Of the 135 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 33 page(s)
resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without
user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2012-12-02,
and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on
2012-12-02."

 >I tried to download the openlayers stable release and placed the
theme/default/img folder in the root directory of the Geoserver but i
still get >no response. am using windows 7. I think the problem is with
the path but i can't still figure it out.

It looks to me like you are having problems getting the web server
configuration sorted. You fundamentally need to have a good handle on
the basics of web applications.

I use Apache and Apache Tomcat but basics should be the same for jetty
etc, though 8080 suggests tomcat.

Your server layout has a web apps root. (by default webapps in tomcat).
You should have your application in a separate directory to geoserver. I
usually put openlayers in another.
webapp/geoserver
               /Openlayers
              /myapp
              /geoserver_data

Under myapp, you put the things like theme, images etc. Keep clear of
geoserver and move geoserver_data to  point to a directory outside
geoserver. This lets you update geoserver at will without disturbing
other applications nor the data. You will need to setup the context path
to openlayers. Alternatively put OpenLayers in subdir of myapp.
Make sure you have a proxy!!! (dont try to fight it).  Try
https://github.com/terrestris/JSP-Whitelist-Proxy for a jsp and edit to
match your system.

> I would also like to know how i can add multiple layers(wfs) in the
> application through the geoserver.
This is just the OpenLayers.addLayers() call. However, unless you layers
have trivial amounts of data, you are best to add layers as WMS and
query them with WFS. (see
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/getfeature-wfs.html for starters).