[OpenLayers-Users] Touch navigation implementation

Derek Watling derek at cmainfo.co.za
Mon Dec 3 02:07:42 PST 2012

I am in the process of updating to OL 2.12 and Google v3 (previously used OL
2.10, Google v2).

While I have sorted most of the issues I am a bit confused as to
implementing touch navigation.

I am testing on various desktop browsers as well as an iPad and an Andriod
tablet. Is there any device detection? Which navigation control should be
included if you don't know what device the web site is being viewed on?

Currently I have the following code:
map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.Navigation({ dragPanOptions: {
enableKinetic: true } }));
map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.TouchNavigation({ dragPanOptions: {
enableKinetic: true } }));

The one issue I do still have is with the Measure control. On both iPad and
Andriod when measuring, each "click" to add a point also activates the map's
Click control. How do I stop this happening?