[OpenLayers-Users] KML Layer

bschooly bill at billmax.com
Tue Dec 18 13:41:21 PST 2012

I'm trying to add a simple KML layer to a OL Map. I assume I have to worry
about
projection of the lat/longs in the KML file. The following runs w/o error
but I don't see
my KML layer. The rest of the map is fine. I know this is very close to
other posts and
topics but I can't quite seem to get anything to work.

Here is the php file that takes lat long arguments and produces a map:

And here is the test.kml file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<kml xmlns="http://www.opengis.net/kml/2.2">
<Document>
<Placemark>
  <name>MY POINT</name>
  <description>My Point</description>
  <Point>
    <coordinates>32.77874075,-96.80933013, 0.</coordinates>
        <Icon>
        <href>http://maps.google.com/mapfiles/kml/shapes/sunny.png</href>
        </Icon>
  </Point>