[OpenLayers-Users] OL 2.12 and Image layer flicker

teknocreator teknocreator at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 13:45:10 PST 2012

After a bit more testing, I unfortunately discovered one area this doesn't
solve. If tile layer has a gutter specified, then the normal method of
removing the image is invoked rather than just replacing the image. In
Tile/Image.js:

replace: function() {
    if (!this.replacee && !this.frame) {
        this.replacee = this.createBackBuffer();
    }
    this.draw();
},

When there's a gutter, this.frame is not null or undefined and therefore, no
BackBuffer is created for this.replacee before the draw() call. So, the
tile's previous image is removed before the new one is retrieved. I tried a
few modifications to see if I could easily get around this but none really
worked.  Hoping the person who provided the fix has an answer.  But if
anyone else does, please reply.  Thanks.

Dave M