[OpenLayers-Users] Setting zoom levels

Javier Mr javiersdevmail at ymail.com
Wed Feb 1 10:29:11 EST 2012

Hi,

i'm having problems setting the zoom levels using OpenLayers.

By default the map (and it's base layers) are created with 18 zoom levels (from 0 to 17). Now we need to change that from 2 to 17.

I have tried, in a Google layer, settign minZoomLevel = 2 and numZoomLevels = 16, and what i get is that the zoom levels go from 0 to 15. The map looks good and this prevent the users from see the map too small, but the zoom indexes go from 0 to 15. This is a handicap since we use the zoom level to access the features that are going to be painted on the map from a diferent service. Is there a way to set up the minZoom and the numZoomLevels so that i get a range of zoom from [minZoom, minZoom + numZoomLevels]?

The previous point is almost solved wrapping the calls to map.getZoom(), in that wrapper i add the minZoom value.

But now i found (apparently) that WMS layers (like OSM) doesn't support minZoom, is the a way that i can achieve this in all types of layers (currently using Google, OSM and WMS)?

Thanks.

Javier.