[OpenLayers-Users] Copyright box using Google layers

Tobias Reinicke ramotswa at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 07:26:53 EST 2012

This is probably because you are calling the google maps api without a
specific version no.
Seemingly, the newest api has got a new sort of copyright in it. If you specify
 <script type="text/javascript"
src="http://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?sensor=false&v=3.6"></script>
then the copyright notice doesn't appear.

I've tried 3.0 and that works fine too.

Remember when specifying a version you have to include the decimal.
Just requesting v=3 will give you the latest (3.7 or 8) which is the
latest release.

Toby