[OpenLayers-Users] Problem with IE and "WMS with POST Requests to Avoid Long URLs" example

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Fri Feb 10 10:34:23 EST 2012

Hi,

it looks like you have found a bug. Please create a ticket.

As a workaround in the meantime, if your server supports CQL filters
(e.g. GeoServer does), you can try to use OpenLayers.Format.CQL to
turn your filter into a way shorter string, and pass it to the server
as CGL_FILTER parameter with a GET request.

Andreas.

On Fri, Feb 10, 2012 at 9:14 AM, Esben Taudorf <eta at le34.dk> wrote:
> Hi everybody
>

> I am looking at the "WMS with POST Requests to Avoid Long URLs" example:
>
> http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wms-long-url.html
>

> I want to use this in my application because I have some rather large OGC
> filters on my layers. I use the OGC filter because I also need to do a WFS
> GetFeature request with
>
> the same filters. The OGC filters is making the length of the HTTP GET url
> longer then 2048 characters which is IEs limit.
>

> While looking at the example in IE9 I have noticed a strange behaviour. When
> the POST request is loading I get a "Web page can not be displayed" error as
> shown on this image http://i42.tinypic.com/fpcg10.png. After getting the
> response the map looks fine as shown on this image
> http://i41.tinypic.com/2j5yvk9.png. So when I zoom or move the map I get a
> flash of the
>
> "Web page can not be displayed" error.
>

> Is there a way to solve this issue?
>

> Any help or comment would be appreciated.
>

> Regards Esben

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/