[OpenLayers-Users] zindex issue, pinpoint not clickable

Takako Tucker Takako.Tucker at bbc.co.uk
Fri Feb 10 12:16:41 EST 2012

Hello all,

I'm having a problem with z-index and wonder you could help.

I've successfully set z-index using:

Layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("top layer", {

                style: {

rendererOptions: { zIndexing: true },

                externalGraphic: "/desktop/img/map/location.gif",

                graphicWidth: 42,

                graphicHeight: 42

}

}),

Layer.setZIndex( 745 );

So this layer comes on top of other three layers I have.

On the layer underneath this layer, I have different type of pinpoints.

The problem is when the top layer gets displayed; I can't click on any
of those pinpoints on the layer underneath.

It seems to be that the top layer takes over and covers the whole thing
and the layer underneath can't be clicked.

Have you had any experience with an issue like this? If so, could you
please advice?

Thanks as always.

Takako

http://www.bbc.co.uk/