[OpenLayers-Users] zindex issue, pinpoint not clickable

takakot takako.tucker at bbc.co.uk
Mon Feb 13 04:05:32 EST 2012

I’m having a problem with z-index and wonder you could help.

I’ve successfully set z-index using:

Layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("top layer", {
                style: {
rendererOptions: { zIndexing: true },
                externalGraphic: "/desktop/img/map/location.gif",
                graphicWidth: 42,
                graphicHeight: 42
}
}),
Layer.setZIndex( 745 );

So this layer comes on top of other three layers I have.
On the layer underneath this layer, I have different type of pinpoints.
The problem is when the top layer gets displayed; I can’t click on any of
those pinpoints on the layer underneath.
It seems to be that the top layer takes over and covers the whole thing and
the layer underneath can’t be clicked.

Have you had any experience with an issue like this? If so, could you please
advice?

Thanks as always.

Takako