[OpenLayers-Users] Select WFS Features using intersect of polygon

Andrew Stewart Andrew.Stewart at reddeer.ca
Mon Feb 13 22:26:04 EST 2012

Hi,

I am trying to use a polygon drawfeature control to select features from my WFS Layer like a Control.SelectFeature using box:true. I am following the example located here -
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.11/examples/wfs-spatial-filter.html

But with my below code nothing is selected from my WFS layer properly. Is there any way to select features and attributes from them using Polygon and intersect filter, or can the SelectFeature Control be modified to do this? Appreciate any advice

Here is my code , except nothing happens when using the polygon to select wfs features -

var layer_testing = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS", {
    strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
    protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
        url:  wfs,
        featureType: "Parcels_Select",
        featureNS: "http://www.intergraph.com/geomedia/gml",
        featurePrefix: "gmgml",
        srsName: "EPSG:3776",
        geometryName: "Geometry",
        version: "1.1.0",
        maxFeatures: 1
    })
});

map.addLayer(layer_testing);

var drawings = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector();
map.addLayer(drawings);
var draw = new OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature(drawings, OpenLayers.Handler.Polygon);
map.addControl(draw);
draw.activate();

drawings.events.on({
    beforefeatureadded: function(event) {
        var geometry = event.feature.geometry;
        layer_testing.filter = new OpenLayers.Filter.Spatial({
            type: OpenLayers.Filter.Spatial.INTERSECTS,
            value: event.feature.geometry
        });

        layer_testing.refresh({force: true});
        return false;