[OpenLayers-Users] edge panning

Richard Greenwood richard.greenwood at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 12:11:27 EST 2012

I think this has come up a couple times but I don't know if anyone has
implemented it yet. I'd like develop a feature that would
automatically pan the map a fixed amount when the user is drawing and
"bumps" up against an edge of the map window. Has anyone already done
this? Is anyone interested in working with me on it? I'm thinking of a
method that would monitor mouse moves and when the mouse reached the
top, bottom, left or right pixel of the map window it would pan the
map south, north, east or west, respectively, by ~20%. This would
allow the use to draw features, or measure, beyond the extent of the
map that was initially visible when they started.

Best regards,
Rich

--
Richard Greenwood