[OpenLayers-Users] Re: need a little help with this ( user input & wfsprotocol.read )

Shadin w_ward_W at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 17 14:52:40 EST 2012

Hello All

I'm trying to implement the same search func and I have questions if you
don't mind.
here:
wfsProtocol.read ({
             filter:filter,
       	 callback: processTheQuery,
             scope: strategy
         });
the (user input text) will be sent to the filter, and if it match any value
in the DB, that feature will be sent to the processTheQuery func to set the
new bounds and draw the new selectedLayer with that feature only.
Do i get it right ?
and if the user insert a wrong value in a search text (which it is not match
any value in the DB ) , what will happen then ?
also, selectedLayer has to be a new layer to display the search results
only. right ?

Thank you all.