[OpenLayers-Users] Re: ArcGISCache example's URL

myOpenLayersUName joanne.mcgraw at SYMPATICO.CA
Tue Feb 21 13:07:52 EST 2012

With regards to trying to understand the ArcGIS Server Map Cache example
found at:
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.11/examples/arcgiscache_direct.html.

I found the ArcGIS Server's Server.dat file and believe that the path I
should be using is the one shown in the URL tag below (a subsection of the
Server.dat file):

<Directory>
  <Path>/arcgis/server10.0/server/local/cache</Path>
  <URL>http://<myserver>/arcgis/services/cache</URL>
  <Description></Description>
  <Type>cache</Type>
</Directory>

However, if I enter that URL in a browser I get a "Catalog request is empty"
SOAP response.

Is there something else somewhere I'm supposed to open permissions on so I
can get direct access to these cache files?

Cheers,
jtm