[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Drawfeature question

Robert Sanson Robert.Sanson at asurequality.com
Thu Feb 23 17:45:47 EST 2012

Hi Matt

The DrawFeature control should be activated as soon as I run the newcrop function, as it activates dpoly, which is the DrawFeature control. I would expect the circle symbol to appear as soon as I move my mouse over the map, as it does in the snap example (albeit squares) at:

http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/snapping.html

(BTW I have a separate snap control which I have as a menu option on the toolbar above the map which activates snapping.)

In my case, the circle symbol only appears after the first point is drawn.

Many thanks,

Robert

>>> sqgs <mxxerr at yahoo.com> 24/02/2012 11:33 a.m. >>>

  I am not qualified to answer your question (I am new to openlayers), but I
think you have a conflict in drawfeature control

  You have a drawfeature Icon (displayClass: "olControlDrawFeaturePoint"),
which will activate drawfeature when it is pressed, and at the same time,
you have a toggle function newcrop(), which specify which control is
activated.

  For using icons, you can check this example:
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/wfs-snap-split.html

  For using toggle function, you can check this example:
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/modify-feature.html

  Matt.