[OpenLayers-Users] Enabling OpenLayers multitouch functionality on the Microsoft Surface

polle olsen pllolsen at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 17:36:51 EST 2012

Hi,

I would like to make use of OpenLayers within a WPF .Net application to be
used on the Microsoft Surface 2.0.

To get the OpenLayers up and running I make use of the WebBrowser control
for WPF. However, to allow for interaction on the Surface, I need support
for multitouch gestures. OpenLayers already have some support for
multitouch, but this is mainly designed for mobile devices, and when I try
this functionality on the Surface it won't work properly (panning the map
with a finger works, but the pinch to zoom functionality doesn't - when
pinching to zoom in or out it scales the whole webpage up or down).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I could make the multitouch
functionality for OpenLayers work on the Surface?

Cheers,

Peter